Legal Question in Family Law in California

I'm in the middle of a very contentious divorce of two years over $600ks have been spent on attorneys and private judge(not a real judge a lawyer). My ex has control of all assets and I currently can not hire an attorney or needed experts without access to money. I have written the pro tem judge over 10 letters including asking for his billing and he has pretty much ignored me meanwhile the judge told my exs attorney to file an RFO and use a date that he was already notified with a doctors note that I am unavailable and without an attorney or experts and money. The judge plans on having the hearing to reduce my support(my only income) despite my objections and it is clear he is communicating with the other side and not me. They are also requesting my medical records, not paying the court ordered support all of which the judge said I need to file an RFO myself if I wish to address it. But I don't have money and I am not an attorney nor can I go against a very experienced attorney. What can I do, Where can I get help. All of this seems very illegal and the judge is getting paid for this.

Asked on 5/03/20, 7:31 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Arlene Kock Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock APLC

Simply put, your situation cries out for the assistance of an experienced family law attorney. At the present, the Contra Costa County court house is not open to the public and the courts are only hearing emergency motions in order to keep family law matters as stable as possible during the Covid 19 restrictions.

With that being said, it would make sense to go in on an emergency motion requesting attorney fees and expert fees and in that motion it is important to identify the assets from which those desperately needed litigation resources could be acquired.

My full service office is open and operating remotely during the Covid-19 restrictions.If you would like to have a free telephone consultation with me, please contact my office at 925-743-8666.

Read more
Answered on 5/04/20, 11:33 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California