Legal Question in Family Law in California

A mother has joint custody over three children due to a clerical error (judge awarded full custody of two children to father and joint custody of the third.) Recently we've discovered that the mother has been supplying marijuana to the 12 year old. Right now the courts are closed due to covid-19. Is there anything we can do to get the children out of the home?

Asked on 4/23/20, 12:33 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Arlene Kock Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock APLC

While there may be no direct access to public buildings, the courts in CA county are struggling to find a way to allow for access for filing pleadings and emergency requests. Please discuss the current local rules with an experienced family law attorney in your jurisdiction.

With that being said, furnishing controlled substances to a minor is not only detrimental to the child but can be a criminal offense. You may wish to consider contacting child protective services in your area.

Read more
Answered on 4/23/20, 2:38 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California