Legal Question in Medical Leave in California

my daughter graduated from H.S. and a couple of months later moved toAZ. to attend one of their state schools. her father and i never married, and once she graduated H.S., he's not concerned himself with her welfare saying via the court because shes 18 he isnt obligated to give her anything. if that so why does the fafsa not see her as an adult and requires the parent or parents income to determine the student aide and grant computation etc.?

Asked on 12/10/10, 3:32 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Kane Law Offices of Robert D. Kane, Jr.

You and your daughter's father are in the same position. Neither of you are obligated to be concerned with her welfare now that she is an adult. The FAFSA is not concerned whether a parent is concerned about child's welfare. If this was criteria any parent could say they were not concerned about their child's welfare in order receive more financial aid.

Read more
Answered on 12/16/10, 8:27 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Medical Leave Act questions and answers in California