Legal Question in Civil Litigation in California

I had a case in small claims that I would of won hands down but we were confused on the time and were late so I had to file a paper asking for a new date. we were granted and made that apperence on time but the Judge was very grumpy that day and threw my case out and did not grant me another hearing. Who can I complain to about this Judge or what can I do. we are talking about $2,000.00 dollars owed to me and I have It all documented. It was a down town bussness man that I did work for under the table. I hope I got the law qustion right I not sure what small claim falls under.

Asked on 7/24/12, 7:48 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

Welcome to civil litigation! You can't appeal, and you can't refile, having chosen the small claims forum. It would have been better for you to have consulted with an attorney first.

The complaint process depends on whether or not you had a judge pro temp, a commissioner, or an actual sitting judge on your small claims case. Complaints about pro temps and commissioners are made to the presiding judge of the courthouse where the pro temp or commissioner heard your matter. Complaints about judges are made to the Commission on Judicial Performance (CJP). You can find more information about the CJP on the internet.

Read more
Answered on 7/25/12, 8:36 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in California