Legal Question in Civil Litigation in California

How do I file a requested document with the court? It's not a motion or a pleading. I have already filed my answer and also a motion. Now, the judge is asking for me to file some paperwork with the court before the case management conference. What would be the format I use? Would it be a type of brief? Even if it is an exhibit wouldn't it have to be attached to some other type of legal document in order to file and serve it. Thanks.

Asked on 11/11/13, 1:43 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

Without knowing what it is you are trying to file, there is no way to answer.

Read more
Answered on 11/11/13, 1:51 pm

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

It is not clear what it is you are trying to file. If you have a case management conference scheduled, then you are supposed to file a Case Management Conference Statement. You can find a fillable form for that at the following link:

Read more
Answered on 11/11/13, 2:08 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in California