Legal Question in Civil Litigation in California

What are my options if I discover that a "friend" has hidden a camera in my private residence and then posted the video on social media?

Asked on 5/28/19, 6:09 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Edward Hoffman Law Offices of Edward A. Hoffman

That will depend on additional facts. Among them: What does the video show? Who has seen it? Can viewers identify you from the video and/or the accompanying information? Can you prove that this "friend" is responsible? These aren't the only facts that will matter, but they're a good start.

You might have grounds to sue this person and/or to make a criminal complaint. You should probably consult directly with a lawyer before you decide what to do. A lawyer who has discussed the details of the case with you will be able to offer better guidance than we can on this website.

Feel free to contact me directly if you like.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 6/04/19, 12:41 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in California