Legal Question in Civil Litigation in California

Ive recently moved in with my sister temporarily. she owes a mobil home and rents a space in a tralier park. the landlord approched me asking for a hundread dollers extra a month . everthing is good until the next month she approched me once again yelling, swearing, threaten me telling me to get my ass off the property, calling me all kinds of names, she embarrassed me . several other teanent came out to see what all the yelling was. i would like to know what i can do about this verbal abuse from this landlord . and im not the first that she has verbal abused. this has affected my work and my sleep.


Asked on 5/04/13, 8:54 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

About the only remedy you can get is a restraining order.

Read more
Answered on 5/06/13, 4:51 pm

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

You 'moved in', putting you under the terms of the lease. Read it to determine the rights and obligations, lease pmt increases, etc.

As to harassing conduct, you could try to get a civil restraining order if you can convince a judge this poses a threat of harm, or to your peaceful enjoyment.

Read more
Answered on 5/07/13, 12:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in California