Legal Question in Immigration Law in California

I am a 40 years old, widow, I am overstayed in USA. Can my parent, who are US citizens sponsor me to live in USA legally without leaving back to my country origin?

Asked on 8/02/10, 4:02 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Luba Smal Smal Immigration Law Office

No, if you are out of status and over 21 years of age, you will not be eligible for adjustment of status based on a parent's petition.

Was your husband a US citizen? (You mentioned that you are a widow). If yes, when did he die?

If you would like to request a confidential legal advice or schedule telephone or email consultation regarding your specific situation, please email me directly at Attorney @ and I will send you a Questionnaire. Office Telephone line is 1-402-210-2040 (please EMAIL first to schedule a consultation appointment). I am an immigration attorney and work with clients from all States and globally. More information at

Note: The above response is provided for legal information purposes only and should not be considered a legal advice; it doesn’t create an attorney-client relationship. For more information or to schedule a consultation, please visit

Read more
Answered on 8/07/10, 7:01 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in California