Legal Question in Immigration Law in California

My father is an American Citizen residing in Iran, he has recently applied to bring his wife and two small children to the States, because he plans on moving here permenently. His job is situated in Iran and that is the reason why he cannot live in the US, to just leave his family there. What is the process for bringing them here and how long will it take?

Asked on 6/12/13, 6:51 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Cho Law Offices of Michael Cho

The immigration visa petition typically takes 8 months to process.

However, depending upon his circumstances, it may be possible to file for an expedite so that this process can be shortered.

I recommend taking a look at the Spouse Visa section of my web site here for more information:

You may also contact me for a free consultation if you wish here:


Michael Cho

Attorney & Counselor at Law

You may find me on the web at: or

10940 Wilshire Boulevard, 16th Floor

Los Angeles, California 90024

Phone: 323.238.4620

Fax: 323.345.5477

Internet: |

Read more
Answered on 6/12/13, 10:31 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in California