Legal Question in Immigration Law in California

Can a H1B visa holder start a company and have that company sponsor him on H1B ? ( like self-sponsoring ) . This is because, the H1B visa holder will be completing 6 years in 2012 and still as of now, no labour certification has been filed and approved and not only that, there is a possibility of a lay off too.

Asked on 7/29/11, 6:59 pm

2 Answer from Attorneys

Attorney Caro Kinsella Law Offices of Caro Kinsella

No you cannot self petition under an H-1B.

Read more
Answered on 7/29/11, 9:32 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in California