Legal Question in Immigration Law in California

I am about to submit an application for adjustment of status. I am married to a US citizen, I came here on the visa waiver program several years ago. I am concerned because in 2001 I went on a day trip to Mexico using my California ID card, on return I was refused entry. I crossed a second time, a couple of days later with the same ID but this time I told the boarder patrol that I was born in the US and was allowed to enter. I am concerned that there will be a record of me being denied entry and that this will affect my adjustment of status. Could you please give me some information on whether or not I should go ahead with my application.

Thank you for your time.

Asked on 4/04/10, 1:25 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Luba Smal Smal Immigration Law Office

You should be concerned about this, and even more about false claim to a US citizenship because it's a permanent bar to becoming a lawful permanent resident, and there is no waiver for that.

You should at least consult/discuss your situation and legal options with an immigration attorney before applying on your own.

I offer legal consultations and can assist in matters of the U.S. federal immigration law to clients from all 50 States and internationally. If you�d like to schedule a confidential telephone or email legal consultation, need legal advice or help, please let me know and I�d be glad to help you.

Contact email address: Attorney [@] or LubaSmal [@] . Or you can TEXT a request for a consultation with an Attorney to 1-402-238-1238.

Note: The above response is provided for legal information purposes only and should not be considered a legal advice; it doesn�t create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like to request a follow-up confidential advice on your specific situation and regarding U.S.A. immigration-related issues, we can offer a paid consultation by telephone or email to clients from all States and globally. Please visit our website for more details.

Read more
Answered on 4/09/10, 1:44 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in California