Legal Question in Investment Law in California

I did a search of my name and came up with a site called zabasearch that said they had a message for me and I opened it and it said this:


ME, If you are the son of MY DAD'S NAME who lived in Holland NY,please get in touch with me regarding Moog stock your father owned. Thank you, SENDER'S NAME.

I sent a response but no reply. My father died in 1997 and I was wondering how long I might have to claim this stock that belonged to my father and how do I go about finding out exactly where and what I have to do to file a claim and how much it's worth? So many questions, sorry, and thank you. CS

Asked on 1/23/13, 7:50 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bryan Whipple Bryan R. R. Whipple, Attorney at Law

I suppose the first issue here would be whether, and to what extent, there was a proper probate of your father's estate back in 1997 (or thereafter).

Moog Music, later Moog Electronics, was a music synthesizer company, active in the 1970s and thereafter.

You should contact the company, Moog, Inc., located in East Aurora, New York 14052, and ask their shareholder relations staff for any information. Also, question whomever handled the probate process as to whether this asset was discovered and how it was handled.

Read more
Answered on 1/23/13, 8:37 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Investment Law questions and answers in California