Legal Question in Juvenile Dependency in California

I am 20 years old and have a civil union. Are my parents financially responsible to support my education or does my civil union invalidate any financial responsibility? In other words, would I register as a dependent or independent? Are there any specific laws regarding this?

Asked on 1/16/11, 12:01 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Carl Starrett Law Offices of Carl H. Starrett II

Your civil union doesn't matter. Your parents have no duty to support you financially in any way once you turned 18.

Read more
Answered on 1/22/11, 8:47 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Juvenile Dependency questions and answers in California