Legal Question in Employment Law in California

can I file a harrassment and defamation of character claim against a subordinate without suing my current employer. I would like to personally file the claim

Asked on 2/24/12, 3:31 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

Yes, if you have proper legal grounds to do so. If you determine that you have a case with MERIT [provable case with a likelihood of winning], VALUE [substantial provable damages] and COLLECTABILITY [defendant with substantial assets or insurance], then you would have proper grounds to bring your legal claims in a lawsuit.

Read more
Answered on 2/24/12, 4:22 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in California