Legal Question in Employment Law in California

I am married to someone in the military and I have a out of state drivers license. I was recently hired by a company and I never saw anything in the hire packet that require me to have a ca state driver's license. The person who hired me sad that I have to get a in state driver's license but the other company that I also work for said I don't have to because I'm married to someone in the military. Do I have to get a ca state driver's license if I am married to someone in the military

Asked on 9/18/13, 8:05 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

What the state DMV requires and what an employer requires don't have to be the same. If the employer wants you to have a CA license, perhaps for insurance purposes, you have to get one if you want the job.

Read more
Answered on 9/18/13, 12:21 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in California