Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in California

Our apartment has major water damage, our bathrooms are rusted from being so old. The unit hasn't been upgraded in over 10 years. What can we do to get the landlord to renovate our place? I feel that the water damage has gotten so bad it is a safety and health hazard.

Asked on 8/09/14, 9:52 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Paymon Bidari Bidari Civil Defense

Under the California Health And Safety Code, if your house is not fit for human occupancy, you have a right to get the landlord to fix the problems and/or relocate at his expense.

If he doesn't, please call me at 714.525.5570.

I have extensive experience in land use and property law.

Read more
Answered on 8/11/14, 12:49 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in California