Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in California

I have a condo which is going to be in major repairs for up to 30 days. No kitchen - completely gutted due to water damage and mold. Unsafe on unliveable for tenant. How can I evict her quickly? I cannot wait 60 days.

Asked on 7/26/17, 3:46 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Haapala, Thompson & Abern, LLP

Your lease should have provisions covering damage or destruction to the premises that allow you to terminate the lease in the event the property is not legally habitable. If not, the only thing I can think of is to have the property condemned. Usually that's something the tenant does to get out of a bad property, but I don't think there's any reason you can't get it done to your property by your own request.

Read more
Answered on 7/28/17, 12:39 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in California