Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in California

The owner of the triplex I have lived in over 3.5 yrs has sold it and has given me a 60 day no fault notice to vacate because buyer had an agreement that seller would deliver to the buyer vacant properties.Two days ago the seller asked if I would be interested in doing a cash for keys deal. Question Am I entitled to relocation assistance from the current owner and is it mandatory under Calif. law. If so what are the Calif. codes that deal with this issue . It is a no rent control area & I am 71 years old & have never been evicted before .

Asked on 9/07/14, 5:45 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

There is no statewide requirement of relocation assistance for terminations of tenancies that are not covered by a rent control ordinance.

Read more
Answered on 9/08/14, 8:32 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in California