Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in California

My Property Manager wants me to sign an addendum to my Rental Agreement making me responsible for all utilities but my current includes Water and Garbage. Is this legal? Do I have to sign this and pay these myself?

Asked on 5/01/13, 1:46 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

If you are on month to month, or your lease is coming up, all they have to do is give you 30-days notice and they can change pretty much anything about the lease, unless you've been there over a year in which case 60-days notice is required.

Read more
Answered on 5/01/13, 2:46 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in California