Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in California

I am a tenant of a 2 bedroom house, In march of 2010 the main water line to the house broke and we have no water coming directly to our house. For water our landlord hooked a hose to our next door neighbors house and hooked it up to our water intake and thats how weve been getting water for the past 3 months. Is this legal? and what action can i take?

Asked on 6/26/10, 3:37 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

It is absolutely illegal on many levels. Call your local health or housing department and file a complaint.. If they issue a citation, and on this they would, and it is not fixed, you can move and charge the landlord all the expenses of moving, including damages calculated at several months of your rent.

Read more
Answered on 6/28/10, 10:56 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in California