Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in California

how do i get my daughters name off my rental unit she moved out 6 years ago i informed the property management and they still have her name there

Asked on 6/25/10, 11:43 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Schneider, Holtz & Hutchison

There is not much you can do if the management is not willing to write a new lease. You need a totally new lease, which they should be willing to give you, but if they won't you are stuck. Your only other option is to terminate the lease yourself according to the terms and hope they will then give you a new one. But of course you must be prepared, in that case, to move if they don't agree to a new lease.

Read more
Answered on 6/26/10, 9:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in California