Legal Question in Legal Ethics in California

In California, I had a judgment entered against me in a civil action. Does my attorney of record still represent me in the case or does the entry of judgment terminate his service. Does the judgment creditor have to serve him post judgment motions?

Asked on 5/09/13, 9:54 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

Whether he continues to be your attorney, depends on the terms of your retainer agreement. However, if his representation terminated at judgment, he still must give notice to the plaintiff's counsel, or plaintiff's counsel must continue to serve him with post judgment pleadings.

Read more
Answered on 5/09/13, 11:45 am

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

Most collection procedures require the judgment enforcement paperwork to be served on the party, whether or not they are represented by counsel.

Read more
Answered on 5/13/13, 10:13 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Legal Ethics & Professional Responsibility questions and answers in California