Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in California

I went in to get all-on-four procedure on my upper bridge. He removed all my teeth and then cut the gums, plane bones flat and inserted the bridge. I came to a little bit and remembered the dentists telling someone to grab the tool because the bridge wasn't fitting right and he needed to pry it in. It was excruciating. After being home the next 3 weeks so much pain and swelling and they just kept giving me pain killers. Finally, they said they had to take it out & when they did, you heard his ping noise from it sliding off the last screw and it flew off and hit my stomach. They left it out for about a week for the inflammation to go down. He then tried to put in bolt temporary. It's still really painful. The temporary bridge started to break. It eventually snapped in half. I had to go in three times after just for him to repair the temporary. Since he took the implant out because it has been failing. It's been almost a year. I don't know why I have to keep going back and having dentist smash down on my mouth. I went to go see another dentist and got a denture In and saw the guy who makes the teeth from teeth impressionist, and he said that he hasn't gotten any impressions from that dentist. Please help. It's sore and embarrassing to not have teeth and pain. Thanks! I'm down $30,000.00 :(

Asked on 6/07/16, 3:53 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Wasserman Michael Wasserman, Esq.

Yours is a situation that is dependent upon the opinions of specialists who do implants and the implant prosthesis (teeth). Without a review of the dental records and x rays it would be difficult to give you any opinion whether proceeding legally would be of a benefit to you. You need to speak to a dental or medical malpractice lawyer with more facts and have some records looked at to determine if a legal course of action is appropriate for you. Yours is the type of situation where it is not possible to give a "yes" or "no" answer.

Read more
Answered on 6/09/16, 5:30 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in California