Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in California

if my mom passed away due to a surgery being performed incorrectly can i file a suit against the hospital

Asked on 7/23/13, 2:25 pm

Experienced California Attorneys

At the Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi we handle most types of Personal Injury Cases and Tort cases including: automobile, truck, motorcycle, pedestrian, bike, and slip and fall accidents, dog bites, wrongful death, legal malpractice, medical malpractice and products liability cases. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call 1-800-LAW-TALK.

For more information visit us at

2 Answers from Attorneys

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D. Fransen & Molinaro, LLP

IN CALIFORNIA - When a person dies from medical malpractice, an action may be filed for wrongful death. This action would be brought by the heir(s), that is usually the children or spouse, of the decedent. As medical malpractice is a unique and somewhat complicated focused area of law, anyone who even thinks he or she has a medical malpractice case should immediately consult with an experienced medical malpractice attorney. Most of us offer free consultations, so there is nothing to fear in calling us.

- Paul

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D.

Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker

Fransen & Molinaro, LLP

4160 Temescal Canyon Road, Suite 306

Corona, CA 92833

(951)520-9684 /

"When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW."

* This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy.

** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law and does so anywhere in the State of California.

Read more
Answered on 7/23/13, 3:02 pm

Armen Tashjian Law Offices of Armen M. Tashjian

If indeed the surgery was done incorrectly and your mom died as a result ot it, then yes, you may sue the surgeon who performed the surgery incorrectly. As for against the hospital, if the nursing staff did their jobs correctly, then you should not sue the hospital. In any event, get the case evaluated by a qualified lawyer. Sorry for your loss.

Read more
Answered on 7/23/13, 5:16 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in California