Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in California

can the va or doctors of the va be sued

I received medicine that brought on the systoms of gout and was being treated for gout. and then a procedure to test for gout went too far and my foot became infected and a month later my ankle was removed and my foot is being fuzed too my leg. all of this conducted by the Veterans Adminstration Health Care System. I was just release from the hospital after 144 days. Do I have any legal recourse?

Asked on 9/09/00, 7:59 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

J. Caleb Donner Donner & Donner

Re: can the va or doctors of the va be sued

Yes. However, since this is a governmental entity you must go through different procedures than if you were suing a non-governmental physician.

Additionally, these procedures frequently require different time deadlines than an ordinary malpractice suit.

I would be happy to meet with you to discuss this matter.

Call me at 805-494-6557.

Check out our Legal Warriors Web site:

Read more
Answered on 10/10/00, 4:59 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in California