Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

attorney revoked representation: left stranded, need info

I was involed in a M.V.A. on 6/2/00, and suffered a cervical/thoracic/and lumbar sprain due to a rear-end collision, and was not at fault.Driver at fault was uninsured,which i am covered against under my auto insurance policy. While under on-going medical treatment dating from incident date, I was again

imvolved in a M.V.A on 10/6/00, where i was a passenger in a vehicle which was broad-sided on passenger side door. The driver of the vehicle i was in was deemed not at fault, and insurance coverage of

vehicle at fault was confirmed. I again sought medical treatment and have been seeing an orthopedic specialist from the second incident to date.On 12-4-00

I sought and retained legal counsel to assist in negotiating a settlement.After 2 1/2 months, the lawyer revoked representation with no cause.what now?

Asked on 2/17/01, 11:46 pm

5 Answers from Attorneys


Re: attorney revoked representation: left stranded, need info

You must seek counsel immediately. I cannot emphazise strongly enough to obtain an attorney at your earliest opportunity. Do not negotitiate with your insurance company as every statement you make to them may effect your case. Please contact me directly at (619) 222-3504.

Read more
Answered on 2/19/01, 2:44 pm

Re: attorney revoked representation: left stranded, need info

I note that your question to Lawguru.Com has been directed to me as I specialize in Personal Injury law.

What you need to do now is to hire another experienced personal injury attorney RIGHT AWAY. Concerning your accident of June 2, 2000 involving uninsured motorist coverage, you will have to settle your case, file an arbitration request or file a lawsuit by mid-May 2001 in order to protect that statute. A second problem you may have is overlapping medical care and apportioning the damages from two accidents only four months apart.

If you are in the Southern California area, I would be glad to provide you with a free consultation and discuss your situation in more detail. Please call.






TELEPHONE: 714- 963-5123

FACSIMILE: 714- 964-9993

Read more
Answered on 2/26/01, 8:46 pm
Ken Koury Kenneth P. Koury, Esq.

Re: attorney revoked representation: left stranded, need info

Hire a new lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 2/18/01, 8:03 pm
Jeffrey Zinder Zinder & Koch

Re: attorney revoked representation: left stranded, need info

You have within one year from the date of your first accident to file your Uninsured Motorist action or to file a lawsuit. You may need to combine both matters if the second matter caused injury to the same area of your body. You should retain another attorney. If you are in the greater Los Angeles area please contact my office.

Read more
Answered on 2/18/01, 8:26 pm
John Hayes The John Hayes Law Offices

Re: attorney revoked representation: left stranded, need info

Since your attorney bailed out of the case you don't have to pay him for any services he may have rendered. I figured I could at least give you some good news. Who knows why this guy left you hanging. It certainly isn't a very professional thing to do, but some lawyers do sub out of cases for various reasons. Now that you do not have an attorney I suggest you retain another immediately. You are going to have a very difficult time getting money from the insurance companies since they will blame your injuries on the accident they don't cover. Your insurance company will say that the second accident caused your injuries and the other insurance company will say that your injuries were caused by the first accident. What I can help you do is completely seperate the accidents and the injuries you sustained. I can help you sort out the medical bills and make sure you get compensated fairly for both accidents. I have over a decade of experience dealing with auto accidents and I pride myself on running a good law firm with a small client base so I can spend more time on each case.

If you are still in need of an attorney feel free to email me at [email protected], or call toll free at 877-546-9918.

My wife was in a major car accident a few months ago so I know first hand what it is like to deal with insurance adjusters and medical bills. Being the client and the lawyer is twice the headache. I wish you the best of luck if you have already found a new attorney. Feel free to email me directly if you ever have any questions.


John Hayes, Esq.

Read more
Answered on 2/26/01, 4:37 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California