Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

I was fell and broke an arm in a crowded grocery store, that does not have a maximum occupancy sign.

I told the manager, to view the videotape, but they played "dumb" and didnt show me the tape. And neither did they filled out an Incident Report.

I know I can sue for Premises Liabilty, Personal Injury.

But, can I sue the store for not filling out an Incident report too?

and for not showing me the video tape of my injury?

Asked on 4/23/13, 8:34 pm

Experienced Mesothelioma Attorneys - SEG Law

Simon, Eddins & Greenstone, LLP, (SEG Law) is one of the country's most prominent trial law firms specializing in representing victims of cancer caused from exposure to hazardous substances such as asbestos. The firm was built on a shared passion to diligently and compassionately serve each client through every step of the legal process.

For more information visit us at

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Stone-Molloy The Lion's Law Office

These things (not making a report, not showing you the video) are facts that can be used in the general premises liability case for your personal injuries. They are NOT separate subjects for a lawsuit. Nobody owes money to anybody solely for failure to show them a video. You're focusing on details. Don't lose sight of the forest for the trees.

The #1 most important fact in the description you gave is your injury: a broken arm is VERY serious, and needs the attention of an attorney. There are many other facts that are not included in your description, which I would need to learn before I could say that you have a case. For example: it is not necessarily enough to say that the store was "crowded" and that it did not have a maximum occupancy sign. There needs to be more investigation, and you should have someone who's trained and experienced doing it.

I will be glad to confer with you at no charge to get at more details, so feel free to give me a call at (877) LION FOR LAW (546-6367) or email me at [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 4/24/13, 7:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California