Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

loss of use

i was involved in an automobile accident in May, my carrier was unable to locate the at fault party, so I filed SR-19, my car was in the shop for 3 months, i located the at fault party (whom also have the same carrier as mine) they paid for my car damage. can i get loss of use during those 3 months? if not, is there anything i can get?

Asked on 5/13/09, 3:17 pm

Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping victims of automobile, motorcycle, pedestrian, slip-and-fall accidents and much more all over California. We can help you recover for your pain and suffering and other losses and expenses. No recovery No fee. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Find Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

2 Answers from Attorneys

Joe Marman Law Office of Joseph Marman

Re: loss of use

Loss of use is a legitimate claim for damages. Usually it is limited for one month, or until they make you an offer to settle for the property damages.

Read more
Answered on 5/14/09, 3:48 pm

Brian Dinday Law Offices of Brian R. Dinday

Re: loss of use

Loss of use is indeed a proper item of damages to claim in such a situation. Even if you did not rent a car, the reasonable value of car rental for that period can be the basis for a claim for what the value of your loss is. They will negotiate you downward from there, but sure, make the claim.

Read more
Answered on 5/14/09, 4:39 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California