Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

I was rear ended by a rented car from Hertz. That driver didn't have prior coverage, so they purchased insurance from Hertz. Hertz is self insured. They say their car is covered, but mine is not. They have offered to pay $5000. in damages on my truck. The Hertz adjuster has written an estimate for $9000. Hertz says there customers are not required (in the state of California) to purchase insurance for the second party. The Hertz driver admitted fault and was cited. There were no injuries. I want Hertz to be responsible for all damages and to provide a vehicle while mine is being repaired. I'm at a loss as what action to take. Can you help me please?

Asked on 5/10/12, 9:23 am

Experienced Mesothelioma Attorneys - SEG Law

Simon, Eddins & Greenstone, LLP, (SEG Law) is one of the country's most prominent trial law firms specializing in representing victims of cancer caused from exposure to hazardous substances such as asbestos. The firm was built on a shared passion to diligently and compassionately serve each client through every step of the legal process.

For more information visit us at

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joshua Hale Hale Law Group

Your policy likely has what is called uninsured or under-insured coverage. That is where I would start. Give my office a call, and I will be happy to help you.

Read more
Answered on 5/10/12, 12:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California