Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

I was in a small accident where I was rear ended. The damage was agreed on by the adjuster and shop at $360.00. I obtained whiplash due to the rear end where I was at a 0mph stand still and this person drove into me at an undisclosed speed on her end. If I had to estimate based upon how the impact felt I would say 10mph. I saw a physical therapist at a Chiropractic office with only 2 visits to help me with my whiplash injury. The therapist could confirm from my statements I did have whiplash. Well now the insurance company of the other person will not cover those two visits. At first it seemed as if they were going to cover them but now they have been denied. Both visits amounted to $270.00. I am unsure what to do since my visits were warrant due to my injury and I definitely do not want to pay the $270 out of my own pocket. I was not at fault for the accident as well.

Asked on 6/27/13, 10:32 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Michael Stone-Molloy The Lion's Law Office

Your only recourse is to sue in small claims. You might also try complaining to the Department of Insurance, but they are rarely helpful.

Read more
Answered on 6/27/13, 10:35 am
Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

This is what small claims court is for. You can sue the other drivers & registered owners. This is not something lawyers are going to help you with, as you would spend more on attorney fees than any feasible recovery.

Read more
Answered on 6/28/13, 11:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California