Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

Can I sue my stepmother for abusing me physically, emotionally, and psychologically when I was around 6-9 years old?

I am current;y 26 years and I reside in California.

This happened in Massachusetts and she is still there.

Asked on 7/22/13, 5:06 pm

Experienced Mesothelioma Attorneys - SEG Law

Simon, Eddins & Greenstone, LLP, (SEG Law) is one of the country's most prominent trial law firms specializing in representing victims of cancer caused from exposure to hazardous substances such as asbestos. The firm was built on a shared passion to diligently and compassionately serve each client through every step of the legal process.

For more information visit us at

1 Answer from Attorneys

Edward Hoffman Law Offices of Edward A. Hoffman

Your question is about the law of Massachusetts, not California. California law does not govern events that took place in Massachusetts, and California courts likely have no jurisdiction over your stepmother. (Even if they somehow do, it is almost certainly for reasons unrelated to your claims.) Please re-post your question under Massachusetts law, as I suggested earlier today.

Read more
Answered on 7/22/13, 5:10 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California