Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

my wife stepped in and fell down on her right knee in a shallow pot hole in the parking lot of the Derby Restaurant in Arcadia. Our medical bills and domestic assistance bills comes to over $7,000 but anthony castillo ('claims specialist') at American States Insurance Company has offered us $1,600 and we will not accept it. It's been almost two years and my wife still has pain in her knee. Do you have any suggestions?

Asked on 10/07/13, 10:07 am

Experienced Mesothelioma Attorneys - SEG Law

Simon, Eddins & Greenstone, LLP, (SEG Law) is one of the country's most prominent trial law firms specializing in representing victims of cancer caused from exposure to hazardous substances such as asbestos. The firm was built on a shared passion to diligently and compassionately serve each client through every step of the legal process.

For more information visit us at

3 Answers from Attorneys

Rob Reed Law Office of Robert A. Reed

if you do not file a lawsuit by the two year mark, you will lose the ability to sue on the claim -- file a lawsuit asap - good luck

Read more
Answered on 10/07/13, 10:46 am

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

I agree with Mr. Reed. You need to either file a lawsuit on your own (I have no way of knowing whether you can handle this on your own) or hire an attorney to file a lawsuit on your behalf as soon as possible and before the 2 year statute runs. Most personal injury attorneys will handle this on a contingency fee basis.

Read more
Answered on 10/07/13, 11:44 am
Michael Stone-Molloy The Lion's Law Office

You may have waited too long! Waiting to the last minute to file a lawsuit is a VERY bad idea. What has been going on these past two years? What's wrong with your wife's knee for her to still have pain so long after the accident? Does she need any future medical care? If so, why hasn't she gotten it already? These are only some of the many questions that you need to answer to an attorney RIGHT NOW. Don't delay! If you like, you can call me at (877) LION FOR LAW (546-6367)

Read more
Answered on 10/07/13, 11:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California