Legal Question in Real Estate Law in California

Greetings, looking for advice on a vacant property purchase that has a few geological and slope stability issues that affect our property. Trying to find out what the County's responsibilities are (originates from their drainage culvert), what the current property owner's responsibilities are, and what our responsibilities might be should we purchase the land. Parcels are located in the Santa Cruz mountains, CA, and are under the legal jurisdiction of Santa Cruz County, CA.

Asked on 4/26/21, 11:12 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Law Offices of Timothy McCormick

This is a topic that is quite familiar to me, having represented the City of San Francisco in the litigation following the 1998-99 Millbrae landslide. We ultimately settled the case when I discovered that a failed sewer main, which contributed to the slide, was in a utility easement granted to the City of Millbrae, not on the private homeowners parcels as had been believed.

Unfortunately for you that experience also tells me that your situation is too complicated and driven by the specific facts and circumstances of your situation for you to get any useful information in an internet Q&A service. You'll need to consult an attorney who can go over all the details with you and provide you with answers.

Read more
Answered on 4/28/21, 2:29 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in California