Legal Question in Real Estate Law in California

I was renting a room and damaged a blind. The landlord deducted from my security deposit the full cost of the damaged blind ($450) but actually replaced the blind with a cheaper blind. Is this legal? Thanks

Asked on 7/02/13, 3:58 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Bryan Whipple Bryan R. R. Whipple, Attorney at Law

If you are driving a Ferrari, and a truck crashes into you and totals your car, and you replace it with a Kia, what do you bill the trucker's insurance company for? The value of the Ferrari, or the value of the Kia?

Read more
Answered on 7/02/13, 4:23 pm

John Laurie Gertz and Laurie

I think Mr Whipple hits the nail on the head

Read more
Answered on 7/03/13, 10:26 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in California