Legal Question in Tax Law in California

my bos had me cash checks for rhe purches of houses that were put in my name untill they went into escrow what taxs will i have to pay as i am no longer working there

Asked on 2/24/14, 12:46 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

William Christian Rodi Pollock

Escrow will likely send you a 1099 as the seller. The IRS will lilely ask you to prove what income you got and why you are not reporting the sale proceeds. This sounds like a tool used to hide taxable income, and you get to be the fall guy. I would suggest you seek tax counsel.

Read more
Answered on 2/24/14, 4:21 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in California