Legal Question in Tax Law in California

@mr william christian, i did dissolve the entity with the secretary of state, but do know there was an outstanding balance of roughly $2000.. so eventhough my social seurity number was on file as the manager, they may still only go after the LLC entity? lastly, will i be able to establish a new llc with the state of california with an outstanding tax balance for a previous llc.

Asked on 8/08/13, 1:03 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

William Christian Rodi Pollock

While they may change the rules, at this time I believe the debt is only that of the LLC. If you took money out of the LLC at the time of dissoluton, they may have a right to get it back. If the company just ran out of money and stopped its businesss, they should only be able to pursue the LLC. I am not aware of any prohibition on your forming a new LLC. This gratuitous response does not create an attorney client relationship. The advice provided herein is generic, may not apply to your circumstances and is not to be relied upon in your actions. An attorney client relationship is created only upon execution of an engagement letter hiring me or my firm.

Read more
Answered on 8/08/13, 2:41 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in California