Legal Question in Traffic Law in California

i have a ticket from 2003 and got a bill in the mail for it is there a way i can go back to court and see the judge they added on 300.00 on a 66.00 dollar ticket i would like to take care of this matter

Asked on 12/01/12, 10:14 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joe Dane Law Office of Joe Dane

The $300 is a "civil assessment" added as the cost of processing your case since you failed to appear. Some judges can reduce if waive it, others cannot or will not. You can always appear and make your request.

Read more
Answered on 12/01/12, 1:22 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in California