Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

I am a 21 year old college student, my parents are planning on kicking me out and I have no job experience and only a high school diploma. When I was 14, my brother died from a brain tumor, he was entitled 25,000 dollars due to the death of my grandmother only years prior. He died before he could receive that money and in his will I was the sole inheritor. At the time I was too young to grasp what had happened, but somehow my sneaky uncle was able to get a hold of that cash and split it up among my relatives. I really need that money, is there any lawful action I can take to try and obtain all or some of that money back? I need it to finance my tuition as I plan on transferring to a university and am not eligible for enough financial aid to afford it. Most of my family are drug addicts and dependents and should have never received that money, can someone with legal experience explain my options?

Asked on 7/15/13, 1:08 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

This is something that an attorney would want to evaluate in depth. That attorney is going to want to know whether the rules in the Uniform Transfers to Minors Act was complied with or not.

Read more
Answered on 7/18/13, 4:30 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California