Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

Can I appeal in probate court a judges decision on a matter of my trusts accounting ?

Asked on 10/01/22, 3:36 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Haapala, Thompson & Abern, LLP

It would depend on the nature of the order. Most orders are not technically appealable, which generally only is available for final judgments, but you can request review by asking a court of appeal to issue a "writ of mandamus," also known as an "interlocutory" writ overturning the order. Such writs, however, are VERY rarely granted unless the court made a clear error of law or grossly abused a matter of discretion.

Read more
Answered on 10/02/22, 9:59 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California