Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

My brother died and we found out that a former petitioner for executorship, also one of the signees to his bank account and (also a beneficiary) took monies out of the account for personal use. We made an objection against her becoming executor and testamentary letter was denied. Now we need to know how can we get her disinherited from his will? Please state probate code or any case examples, please. We live in a different state and have very little knowledge about California Probate law. Thanks!

Asked on 10/09/13, 9:01 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Victor Waid Law Office of Victor Waid

You are advised to obtain the assistance of a probate litigation attorney to assist you in the matter; consider obtaining an attorney in your local area to assist you in obtaining an attorney in the area where the oribate is being conducted.

Read more
Answered on 10/09/13, 9:09 am

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

It is hard to give you an exact citation to the law that governs, because there are facts missing from your post. It is not clear who this petitioner was, and whether or not they were a joint account holder with rights to withdraw, or someone holding a power of attorney, or some other relationship with the decedent.

Read more
Answered on 10/09/13, 12:15 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California