Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

Both of my grandparents past away, one in 2004 and the other in 2005. My uncle who happens to be a lawyer himself has taken over. I am not sure if he is the executor, but the wills are not filled on public record. Some family members have received their monies from the inheritance while some have not. Also, he has used some of the money to invest in s search that flopped without any ones permission. He has spent some of it to fix his house and buy a boat. He has not sent any one a copy of the will. My sister and I was supposed to get our inheritance when we turned 35. I am almost 39. I have been calling him and leaving him messages and he won't call me back.what do I do?

Asked on 6/05/13, 9:51 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Scott Jordan Dunning Law Firm

Did your grandparents live in California at the time of the demise? If they only left a will, probate should have been opened in the county where they resided.

You need to make a written demand for the will and an accounting of the estate. There may be some malfeasance since you state that your uncle used some of the money to "fix his house and buy a boat". There are additional areas of concern the least of which is that you are entitled to a distribution and have not received it yet.

Please feel free to call me to discuss further and how you can go about resolving this matter.

Read more
Answered on 6/05/13, 10:04 am

Michele Cusack Pollak & Cusack

Get a lawyer!

Read more
Answered on 6/05/13, 10:51 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California