Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

my grandpa's estate names me and all my aunts and one uncle plus my mom as beneficiary to his house and since my brother is no longer living my aunts decided my dad should get half of his share and the other half to my mom. But when they tried to sell it they couldn't because my dad owes back child support so now they're telling me they are going to let the county have it can they really do that or are they lying to me

Asked on 11/07/14, 4:14 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Julie Mains Mains Law Office

They cannot decide to give your brother's share to others and your father owing back child support might cloud the title but your aunts will breach their fiduciary duty to the beneficiaries if they let the asset go because they are too lazy to figure out how to make it work.

Read more
Answered on 11/18/14, 2:24 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California