Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

Probate Help Mom died

My mother was seriously abused from indymac when she refinanced she was 72 years old 2 months later she dies. My sister whom knew my mothers sent her a broker to refinance the home. When she does this my name is taken off the loan. Indymac don't want to talk to me. I lost my job in April 2008. I was up to date in the house payments until April 2008. My name is on the deed and title but I don't have rights to talk to Indymac about the loan. My credit got shot because of the accident and Indymac going in several times in my credit. I had a serious health problems due to the car accident that left me in bed rest for 6 months aunt who is 85 gets a stroke. Then in June 2008 both of us are in the hospital. I only started to work but its not an everyday job. I work as a Substitute Teacher for L.A.U.S.D. right now they are letting go of a lot of teachers and Subs. are on freeze. I want to save the house but doing probate won't help because the house don't have equity from my understanding I don't want to sell the house I just want to take over the loan payments. I owe half of the house through the deed and my mom owns the other half. I have 1 sister and she wants her half so she is pushing me to do probate. I can't pay her out. Plse Help

Asked on 2/18/09, 3:58 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Scott Linden Scott H. Linden, Esq.

Re: Probate Help Mom died

I am so sorry to hear of your mother's passing and now the financial problems and strain on family relationships it has caused.

Unfortunately, the only solution in your situation is to start a Probate proceeding. Our office specializes in Probate, Wills, Trusts and Estates so I think we should be able to assist you.

Please feel free to contact me directly at the email provided by LawGuru so we can discuss your situation and options in a more private forum. I can also be reached through our firm's site at

Again, my condolances for your loss.


Read more
Answered on 2/18/09, 3:01 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California