Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

I have some US Savings Bonds which I would like to leave to my family should anything happen to me, but they are all in my name. How will my heirs be able to cash them in, if they are in my name? What steps should I take to ensure that each person will be able to cash the bonds that I've left for them, as my rightful heirs?

Asked on 4/13/12, 2:26 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Hong Shen Roberts Law Group

There are many ways to accomplish this. You can change the beneficiary to the persons you desire. You can write a will and put the bonds in the will. You can also create a trust with the persons you desire as the beneficiaries in the trust. What you have to do is to consult an estate planning attorney in your area and find the best ways to accomplish this.

Read more
Answered on 4/13/12, 2:46 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California