Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

a woman and man only have children in common and the father or mother dies do the servival parent get to make decision for the others funeral? They not married not live together

Asked on 7/02/13, 7:02 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Jennifer Rouse Meissner Joseph & Palley

If they are not married and the deceased did not name the survivor as their agent under an advance health care directive, then they do not have authority over the decedent's remains.

Read more
Answered on 7/02/13, 7:23 pm

Michele Cusack Pollak & Cusack

That is correct.

Read more
Answered on 7/02/13, 9:36 pm
Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach

I agree with Ms. Rouse.

Read more
Answered on 7/03/13, 4:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California