Legal Question in Workers Comp in California

Will Receiving Workman's Comp & Personal Injury Payments Affect Mymedi-cal and food stamp benefits in california?

Asked on 4/26/12, 12:39 pm

Experienced Workers' Compensation Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping injured workers all over California. We can help you recover for your injuries as a result of an accident at work. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.

For more information visit us at

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nancy Wallace Nancy Wallace Atty at Law

YES. Income from all sources is reported to public benefit agencies now.

If you are to have a minimal income and the payments push you over the minimum, you probably won't qualify for the benefits any longer.

If you wait a long time before then CalFresh finds out you should not have been receiving FoodStamps, CalFresh will ask for it's money back and possibly attach your payments or future earnings, so it is best to resolve precisely to what you are entitled earlier.

Read more
Answered on 4/27/12, 9:40 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in California