Legal Question in Business Law in Colorado

Is there any way I can get out of a non compete that was in a employee handbook I signed? If not can I put my share of the company in my husband's name and "volunteer" until the non-compete runs out? It is an estate sale business.

Asked on 1/03/18, 5:26 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Murillo Pivotal Legal Ltd.

For an attorney to know if the noncompete is binding or even likely enforceable requires that you provide that agreement and more facts. Noncompetes are disfavored in Colorado and are only allowed in limited circumstances. Even in the circumstances where they are allowed, they may not be enforced.

As to the idea of putting your share in your husband's name, that is a very bad idea as that would then involve your husband in a potential suit and, moreover, it is not effective.

Contact an attorney for advice. Most of us offer free consultations so email or call several today and consider effective options.

Read more
Answered on 1/03/18, 6:25 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Colorado