Legal Question in Criminal Law in Colorado

I am 23 in Colorado got caught shoplifting at kohls. I work at WalMart and im wanting to transfer soon to a different town. Its my first offense never done anything like this b4. if i plead guilty it'll be on my record as shoplifting what can i do so wen i transfer it won't affect me getting hired? Or if theres a possible way to get it expunged off my record ? Or get it named differently?

Asked on 2/13/14, 1:54 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Damon Cassens Waters, Kubik, and Cassens

Talk with the DA/city attorney. See what kind of bargain they'll offer. Frequently, a plea offer will either re-label the offense, or set out conditions for an eventual dismissal.

Read more
Answered on 2/13/14, 2:29 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Colorado