Legal Question in Criminal Law in Colorado

Does a judge have to appoint a new public defender if a person is not being defended properly and inmate wants to fire his current public defender?

Asked on 2/01/14, 5:31 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Damon Cassens Waters, Kubik, and Cassens

No. While you're entitled to an attorney, you don't have to like him/her.

If you've got an issue with your PD, you can raise it with the judge. Of course, you're always entitiled to hire your own.

Read more
Answered on 2/03/14, 5:51 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Colorado