Legal Question in Criminal Law in Colorado

My brother is in jail, he is looking at 9 charges, he has been offord a plea bargain to except 4 of the charges for 4 to 10 years in prison if not he was told he might get 10 to 20 years if he goes to trial what should he do?

Asked on 1/28/14, 12:26 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Damon Cassens Waters, Kubik, and Cassens

There is way, way, too much information needed than presented to answer that.

Contact an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 1/28/14, 12:53 pm
Jason Savela The Savela Law Firm, PC

he should get a lawyer

if he has a lawyer, he should trust his lawyer

if he does not trust his lawyer, he should get a new lawyer

too many things affect this decision for anyone to answer your question on the facts you have given - likely you do not know all the important facts and there is no reason you should

Read more
Answered on 1/28/14, 12:54 pm
Clifton Black Law Offices of Clifton Black

If it is a good deal he should except it, if it is a bad deal he should reject it. There is just not enough information for any attorney to give a well founded answer. If he has an attorney he can get that attorney's opinion, which would be based on facts of the case, statutes, case law and several other factors. If he does not have an attorney he should get one to go over the above factors. Sorry this answer cannot provide better answers, but simply put, much more info needs to be provided.

Read more
Answered on 1/28/14, 6:22 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Colorado